Dear LMS Families: We are looking forward to beginning our 2022-2023 school year on Tuesday, September 6th! Our school day officially begins at 7:57am. LMS students should arrive between 7:30am-7:45am.
1. As we begin our year together, I want to point out a few important school expectations:
Attendance and being on time matters! I can't stress this enough. We appreciate your efforts to ensure that your child is on time and ready to learn each day. Please see page 11 in the handbook for more information about our attendance policy.
We have aligned our grading scale to be consistent with Laconia High School. This can be found on page 22 in the handbook. Please note that a failing grade is 64 and lower. For our returning students, this is a change from previous years.
Cell phones must be turned off before your child enters the building. They must remain off and stowed in their lockers until 2:21. This includes Apple watches and any other personal device that allows text messaging, taking pictures, making calls, etc. Please see page 29 in the handbook for more information.
The student dress code can also be found on page 29. Thank you for reviewing this with your child. If your child needs a change of clothes, they will be required to stay in the office until a change of clothes can be supplied. Thank you for helping us to avoid this unnecessary interruption to learning time!
2. If your child arrives at school by car and/or is picked up in the afternoon, please make sure that you are not driving in the bus lane. This is the lane that is closest to the school, and we must keep it open at all times for our school buses.
3. Thank you for following the directions of the staff in the parking lot during drop off and pick up times. These are busy times at LMS. Especially in the first few days of school, your attention will help us to keep traffic moving while ensuring safety.
4. Beginning this year, breakfast and lunch is no longer free for students. Parents may check a student’s activity, balance and make payments online at www.mymealtime.com, and may also set up additional, custom email balance notification at this site. Other questions can be directed to the kitchen manager at email@example.com
5. We are really excited for our upcoming school year for a number of reasons, including more opportunities to invite our families to LMS! Our first event is our LMS Open House on September 15th from 5pm-6:30pm. We will begin in the gymnasium with a presentation from our administrators, as well as the Laconia Youth Alliance. From 5:30pm-6:30pm, we invite you to visit your child's classrooms, the library, cafeteria, school counselors, school nurse, and the main office.
Dr. Alison Bryant, Principal Mr. Chrigus Boezeman, Assistant Principal Mrs. Lisa Hinds, Academic Coordinator Mrs. Jennifer Sottak, Student Services 150 McGrath St., Laconia, NH 03246 phone: (603) 524-4632 fax: (603) 528-8675 Our theme this year is All Hands on Deck! We can't wait to continue our work together to ensure a positive, productive and successful school year. Sincerely, Alison Bry